Thank you for considering Go Green Remodeling & Repair for your home remodeling projects. We have been providing our services in the Los Angeles and Orange County areas since 1978. We believe that your home remodeling projects should reflect your lifestyle and personal needs. Go Green Remodeling & Repair is here to help you transform your home into a haven, all within your budget, needs and specifications.
We are now qualified contractors through Edison and Energy Star. are only about 150 contractors in Los Angeles county that qualify for this type of work. We will operate in Los Angeles, Orange and Ventura counties.
- The website is https://energyupgradeca.org/county/los_angeles/overview
- Put in zip code of the client to see all the projects they will qualify for rebates Up to $4,000 from California, and up to $4,000 from Edison, if they are a client.
- Financing available through Edison, 3 % fixed , up to $25,000 for energy efficient upgrades and solar.
- Basic package will involve insulation and various other upgrades,
- Advance package will involve basic and additional work of AC/Heating or water heater.
- Do these upgrades first PRIOR to buying solar. This is imperative. Then solar will qualify for large rebates.
- THERE WILL BE QUALITY ASSURANCE INSPECTIONS THROUGH EDISON REPRESENTATIVES ON JOB SITES TO INSURE WORK IS DONE PROPERLY.
- On YouTube put in search Key Words “Energy Upgrade California” for information videos.
Energy Upgrade California
Go Green Remodeling & Repair has the ability, professionalism and experienced construction crew needed to handle your entire home remodeling project. We specialize in kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, room additions, interior painting, exterior painting, stucco, re-stucco, patio covers, patio enclosures, electrical, plumbing, texture coating, air conditioning, heating, driveways, walkways, fences, gates, flooring, roofing, windows, doors, and much more.
CHECKLIST FOR HOMEOWNERS:
Pursuant to California Business & Professions Code Section 7159.3 (SB 2029), Home Improvement Contractors must provide this notice.
VERIFY YOUR CONTRACTOR:
- Check the Contractors State License Board (CSLB) for the status of the contractor’s license.
- Call the CSLB at 1-800-321-CSLB (2752), or visit www.cslb.ca.gov
- Secure three local references from the contractor you intend to hire and make sure to call them. Also make sure the contractor will get a Building Permit before the work starts.
EXAMINE THE CONTRACT:
- Always make sure to read thoroughly and understand the contract.
- Ask about the 3-day Right to Cancel. (Call the CSLB if you don’t know about this.)
- Check for project start and completion dates.
- The contract must have a detailed description of the work, including materials to be used and equipment to be installed. This description should include brand names, model numbers, quantities and all colors. This is to ensure minimal or no disputes later.
- If you are required to give a down payment, it should never be more than 10% of the contract price or $1,000, whichever is less.
- Should the contract state a schedule of payments, you should pay only as work is completed, and not before.
- Make sure your contractor gives you a “Notice to Owner”, a warning notice describing liens and ways to prevent them.
- Even if you pay your contractor, a lien can be placed on your home by unpaid workers, subcontractors, or material suppliers. A lien can result in you paying twice or, in some cases, losing your home in foreclosure. Check the “Notice to Owner” for ways to protect yourself.
- If there should be any additions or changes to the contract, put it in writing. This will prevent any disputes that may arise.
Five of the most dangerous things in your home:
Since most of our free time is spent in the sweetness of our home, our home is a really dangerous place. One of the most dangerous rooms is your bathroom. Anything can happen in the bathroom. You can slip and fall on wet surfaces, be scalded by hot water, get electrocuted from appliances, drown in the tub or accidentally poison yourself with chemicals.
Nearly 70 percent of all home accidents happened in bathroom. In 2002, there were more than 33,000 deaths and 8,000,000 disabling injuries that occurred in the home. That makes one death every 16 minutes and one disabling home injury every four seconds... Read More
WE PROVIDE IN-HOME CONSULTATION AT NO COST TO THE CLIENT.
Our expert managers will provide you with a same day free estimate for any of your home remodeling projects.